Using martinis as a metaphor, we take an intimate look into the lives of extraordinary people.
Name: Shari Berman
Profession: Speaker, Blogger: Best Life After Cancer
- What stirs your passion?
I’m obsessed with healthcare. It’s so hard to navigate the system as a patient (in addition to the stress a health condition can cause). I am all about including the patient voice – understanding patients’ wants and needs- and partnering with doctors to improve the patient experience.
- What has shaken your faith?
Healthcare has become so transactional and dysfunctional and we have lost the human connection and compassion we desperately need.
- Who (dead or alive) would you like to have a martini with?
Oprah, hands down! I have been trying to think of ways to meet her for years.
- What’s your poison? (The trait you most deplore in yourself?)
Self-doubt is something I have always struggled with. When I first started blogging I was terrified and wondered who would want to read my articles and would they think I was crazy for thinking I had something important to say.
- What do you see as the ultimate buzzkill?
When people say you can’t do something.
- How do you want to be remembered when the glasses are raised? (Three words)
Thoughtful, compassionate, insightful
- What’s your happy place?
Newry, Maine where I have a home in the mountains. I grew up in the country and feel most relaxed surrounded by nature.
- What is your signature drink? (We’d love to know what you like to drink, but what we REALLY want to know is your favorite expression or motto?)
Sparkling wine (Prosecco, Cava..)
It is classy and bubbly, yet approachable and relatable.
And… “We should appreciate and celebrate life every day.”
Connect with Shari:
Blog: Best Life After Cancer
Drinks with Strangers? If you’d like to answer our questions, send an email to email@example.com . You might be featured in our “Drinks with Strangers” series.